Sunday 15 June 2014

Oops! I missed last Monday... sorry!

Well, I appear to have fallen at the first major hurdle and totally forgot to blog last Monday :(

Admittedly there were extenuating circumstances... namely that my whole week got turned upside down! Not to mention I was up at 4.30am on Sunday to fly my niece back from Ireland after the funeral and then had to return to the airport at 11.15pm to pick up my brother and sister-in-law so I was totally wrecked on Monday. I also had to run a few errands for them in the morning before they headed home to Belgium and then I had a lovely trip to my wonderful dentist to have one of my wisdom teeth filled... trust me I need all the wisdom I can hold onto so it was definitely vital I had it done! I also ended up having my niece out from school for the day as she was too tired to go back as usual Sunday night. At least after a day of sleeping and revision she felt almost able to cope with her iGCSE the next day...boy, they may be many (and I mean many) years ago but I still remember the days of O level and A level anxiety and stress... I'm sooooo glad I don't have to worry about exams any more, although, I don't know about you, but I think it's almost as awful watching the next generation go through the same stress now. Hey ho, nothing I can do except make sure chai lattes and pancakes are available as needed ;)


But somehow I still feel like a total fail :( At least this week I'm prepared and am all set to go for tomorrow's post :) Quite frankly I had to be ready ahead of schedule this week as I will be doing a live Create and Craft show with Dean Wilson at 5pm tomorrow, so I hope you can join me for a spot of soapstone carving then! Here's a little taster of what you can expect...

Soapstone Pendant
Simple Soapstone Fish
Soapstone Bead

No comments:

Post a Comment