Tuesday 21 June 2011

Jewellery Making Tip!

Hi Everyone

I have been amazed at the number of crafters I have met over the last few months who seem to be finishing off their headpins and eyepins the hard way! So many of you appear to have been taught to cut the wire short before curling it round at the top of your beads. I don't know about you, but I generally find that the shorter the wire, the harder it is to curl it around at all, let alone neatly and consistently which is exactly what you want when creating earrings!



So, I have just uploaded a Technique Guide to show you all the easiest way I find to not only curl the wire around into a ring but also to make the rings consistently the same size and shape. By leaving the wire long and only cutting once you have curled it around gives you more leverage and control. If you're into beading please do give it a go and let me know what you think! Alternatively, if you have discovered an even better way then add a comment to this blog entry to share it with everyone else.

Please don't forget to send in photos of all your wonderful creations as we need them for the Crafter's Gallery. We'll also be setting up a Crafter's Forum so that you can chat with like-minded people and may be even help each other out with any crafty conundrums!

Happy Crafting one and all!

Fee x

No comments:

Post a Comment